Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Book Review: Jenny Pox

Jenny Pox by JL Bryan
Eighteen-year-old Jenny Morton has a horrific secret: her touch spreads a deadly supernatural plague, the "Jenny pox." She lives by a single rule: Never touch anyone. A lifetime of avoiding any physical contact with others has made her isolated and painfully lonely in her small rural town.

Then she meets the one boy she can touch, and her life begins to change. Jenny feels herself falling for him, but first Jenny must learn to use the deadly pox inside her to confront her new enemy, a girl who secretly wields the most dangerous power of all.

Pretty cover, but not a pretty book. I started reading this thinking it was another young adult book, but it is definitely not. I would say its 18+ for sure. I'm 20 and couldn't even read some parts of the book. Everyone's different though.
This was one interesting book. It was good at first, then it got weird. Too weird. I'm okay for weird, but this was a whole new level of weird. It was gory, random, freaky, and wasn't very sexy when the author tried to be.
I also thought a lot of chapters were just completely dull and I wanted to skim through. I hated Ashleigh and her posse. I didn't even like Jenny that much. The only character I liked was Seth. I think the whole book was a bust. The sex scenes weren't even good LOL. Just creepy..

Overall rating: 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment